← Go Back
Clear Cookies in Chrome
Posted By: Matthew Rebehn on: 08-09-2019
← Go Back to Blog
Clear Cookies in Chrome so you can see updated website -
Whenever we push an update to your website, you will have to clear your cookies and cache in your browser so you can see the updated version. When you visit a website, you browser stores that version in its cache so it loads quicker the next time you look at it. To clear this cache in chrome follow these steps:
- On Chrome, look in the top right corner and click on the three little dots. This will open a menu.
- Find 'Settings', click on that and then scroll down to the bottom and click on 'Advanced'.
- Scroll down to the 'Clear browsing data' selection. Click on that and it will bring you to a pop-up box where you can select what you want to clear.
- Make sure you have 'Browsing History' and the most important ones are 'Cookies and other data' and 'Cached images and files'. Out of all of them the last one it the most important.
- If you click the top of the pop-up and go to the 'Advanced' part, you will be able to clear out even more. This is up to you. Just be careful if you use your browser to save your passwords as you can clear that out from this menu too.
- Before you click the button to 'Clear Data', make sure you change the drop-down selector labled 'Time Range' to 'All Time' or you run the risk of not clearing out the cached site you are trying to clear.
- Once you make your selection go ahead and hit the blue button 'Clear Data'
- Now you will be pulling the most recent version or your site from the server. All of the updates should be current.
After following these steps, go back to your site an everything should be working correctly. Also, keep in mind, if your site is using a CDN, it can take up to 24 hours to see updates.
© 2019 Mattaz Web Design